Thursday, April 3, 2014

New beginnings


This will eventually become No.73 in the Beachcombing series: Hulls Cove, March 6, 2014.

This is how the Beachcombing pieces start - sorting the debris from a day of beachcombing, looking for patterns, colors, likenesses. This one seems to be leaning toward warm greys and off-whites. 

And for another new beginning, I'm going to be moving this blog from the Blogger host over to Wordpress this month, and I'm not sure how that will affect the feed. Cross your fingers that it goes smoothly. I'm digitally literate but not fluent!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the periodical collections. I was wondering how you photograph your collections. Is that a light box in the picture above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I built it out of foam core, plexiglass, construction lamps, and daylight bulbs. If you click on the 'Studio' tab at the top of the page you can see better photos of the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing how you set up your work to photograph. And seeing all that lovely beach stuff makes me itch to be out there looking! We're vacationing on the Washington coast this summer, so I'll be on the beach then! But I do miss Maine... Will follow you to Wordpress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've never beachcombed the Pacific Northwest, but it sounds amazing - especially the driftwood and the stones! Can't wait to see what you find.

      Delete
  3. Hope all goes well with your blog transition! Don't dare leave us behind:) Laura

    ReplyDelete