Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hulls Cove, August 6, 2013 (Beachcombing series No.70a)



It was another perfect summer day, and I spent several hours on the beach. There were so many interesting things that I've had to make two photos for this day. This one shows three European Green Crabs (Carcinus maenas) and a random crab claw with a length of the nylon rope used to tie lobster buoys to the traps. I couldn't resist the juxtaposition of the orange-and-turquoise rope with the crab shells, and the rope was just too stiff to incorporate into a more elaborate composition, so this is No.70a. I'm still working on 70b.


It was an interesting day for wildlife, too: I saw a baby guillemot, a small flock of Semipalmated Plovers, and a Sanderling: I posted photos of them last week, but the guillemot was so cute I'll have to show you another one. Something about those little feet paddling away:



I went all the way out to the point - that's the village of Hulls Cove back there.

2 comments:

  1. The orange and turquoise beach finds look great together! Thanks for the glimpse of summers, too. I do love the snow (and we have a lot of it) but it's nice to see summer shots right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! I've enjoyed your snowy photos, too. Your animals seem to be loving winter!

      Delete